Drawing from deep inside yourself to expand.
Since my early 20’s, I have been paving my own path to freedom inspired by a longing for deep joy, peace, and to be fully myself. My guiding light has been the inner knowing that I could live life turned on, in love, and vibrantly alive, every day.
When I met the love of my life in 1993, something new was awakened in me, the desire to really love. Meeting him made me realize I didn’t know how to love at all, not the kind of love a relationship required at least. My heart had been shut down in ways I wasn’t aware of, and I was ready to heal from past relationship wounds.
What I discovered over time was that I needed to learn to LOVE MYSELF in order to love this amazing man who loved me so very much.
SELF LOVE is a practice that takes mad COURAGE, COMMITMENT, and COMPASSION!
It also is the key to inner and outer peace, joy, and the root of your pleasure.
I am grateful to have spent my last 26 years with this man, my beloved, expanding my heart and of course, exploring myself as a sensual, sexual being. As a young woman, I was aware of my strong sexual energy, beauty and aliveness, but was confused by it and all the shame I felt around it. Our relationship has been a practice ground for exploring my sexuality and my relationship to it. When I learned to take responsibility for myself fully in the relationship and let pleasure be my guide, I instantly began to feel more free and alive!
This is a dark and scary journey at times, but I have learned how to create safety and freedom, through healthy communication and clear boundaries. The flip side of dark and scary is bright and blissful, and so our relationship continues to blossom with unimaginable beauty as I choose more freedom, more truth, deeper love, and unrelenting self love.
My work is dedicated to supporting you on this path to a healthy heart and thriving love life. As your guide, I will show you how self love can become as simple as breathing. Each breath, each moment, a new opportunity to reclaim your true love, your true sensual, animal self.
Living and Learning
Danielle Hougard, Love and Intimacy Mentor, Acupressure Massage Therapist, and E-RYT 500, certified Yoga teacher, has been on the mind-body path since 1989. She is a pioneer in living life from the inside out, and a love warrior leading the way for all on this pleasure path to deeper intimacy.
Danielle’s mentoring is the result of her natural desire and passion for self-inquiry and her pursuit to lead an empowered life filled with love, peace, and joy.
- 1992- Three Day Landmark Forum Training- Live the Life You Love, Falls Church, VA
- 1993- Five Day Advanced Landmark Training- San Francisco, CA
- 1993- 200 Hr. Advanced Training Professional Specialization Program- Emotional Balancing Certification, Acupressure Institute. Berkeley, CA
- 1995- Human Awareness Institute (HAI), Love, Intimacy, and Sexuality Workshops, Level 1, Weekend Training
- 1996- HAI, Level 2, Weekend Training
- 1997- HAI, Level 3, Weekend Training
- 1998- HAI, Couples Relationship Training
- 1999- 850 Hr. Acupressure Therapy Certification- Advanced Training Program. Acupressure Institute, Berkeley, CA.
- 2003- Healing the Pelvic Floor: Reclaiming your Power, Sexuality, and Pleasure potential, 7 day Training, with Suzanne Scurlock and Maureen McKenzie, Esalen Institute, Big Sur, CA.
- 2004- Anusara Yoga Teacher Certification
- 2005- Created Intuitive Life Coaching Practice, San Rafael, CA
- 2013- 2014- Interchange Counseling/Coaching Certification.
- 2015- Present-Love and Intimacy Mentor
- 2018- The Yin and Yang of Ecstasy: Empowering the Feminine, Awakening the Masculine with Margo Anand and Jim Benson, A 5 Day workshop at Esalen Institute, Big Sur, CA.
- 2019- Ecstatic Living Institute: Ecstatic Touch, Level 2, weekend workshop at Earthrise at IONS, Petaluma, CA.